My first guest in this series is my stylish friend Kate, age 6, from New York city. Kate has a really sweet bedroom at her family’s house on Shelter Island. Our childhood bedrooms usually leave a lasting impression on us, it’s something we remember and carry with us for the rest of our lives. Most of us can still remember the color of the walls, the furniture and what pictures hung in the room. So I was very happy when Kate wanted to participate and share what she loves about her bedroom. (Her mom took some Iphone snapshot over the weekend.)
1. My sheets – I like the color cause it’s like a zebra, but pink.
(source: Pottery barn)
2. My pink rug cause I play hopscotch on it with my cousin Valerie.
4. That I have two beds cause when I have friends over they can sleep in the other one.
6. My furry rugs.
8. My dress jewelry hanger so I can see the jewelry my aunt Nancy gives me.
9. The color of my room
(The paint jar had paint covering the name of the color…oh, well it’s the faintest pink)
10. That I don’t have to share with my little brother like we do in New York city.